Friday, June 8, 2012

Up on the roof of Santiago cathedral







Our tour of Santiago cathedral was amazing.  Antonio arranged for us to have a guided tour of the cathedral museum, the archbishop's house, and the roof.  We could see the whole city from about 7 stories up.  Yes, that's right, we were all on the top of the cathedral, walking around on the roof and no, I did not realize that we were going to be up that high!  I've reposted the photo of the group in front of the cathedral for reference.  Don't worry, everyone got down safely.

4 comments:

  1. A lifetime memory to truly treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice view up there! The cathedral sure has very nice shingles. It’s made of granite that’s very durable. Also, the effect of the granite’s appearance complements the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela’s façade.

    Galliena Gornet

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O That's one heck of a breathtaking tour, Nanette. My comment may sound exaggerated but I have to say, walking on the roof can be pretty dangerous, so be careful when going up there. Anyway, I'm glad everyone enjoyed their tour at Santiago cathedral. I had mine when I was in high school.

    Willene Fagen

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my greatest dreams in life is to travel to Spain one day. And of course, as what most people always say, your visit wouldn’t be complete if you do not go to the Santiago Cathedral. :) No wonder that all of you had a big smile on their faces. The place is so beautiful and the view up there is just so amazing!

    Nelson Mcglaughlin

    ReplyDelete